You will join the Federal Advocacy and Institutional Relations Unit (AIR) at Humanity & Inclusion office in Brussels. This unit coordinates, organizes, manages and implements the activities related to advocacy for HI network.
You will work under the under the supervision of the Advocacy Information & Publication Manager, and in close collaboration with the other members of the Advocacy team members, specifically the disarmament and protection of civilians team. Throughout the traineeship, you will be given opportunity to experiment varied tasks, and be given regular feedback on your performance to help you grow.
Main learning objectives
- You will be able to strengthen your understanding of the international and European policy frameworks, especially on SDGs, disability rights, international humanitarian law, and players in your work area
- You will be able to improve your knowledge and skills on communication as well as your organizational skills.
- You will be able to gain an understanding of the ways of working of a busy NGO, in an
- international, multicultural environment.
Responsibilities and Objectives
General objective: Support the implementation of the communication objectives related to advocacy.
- Assist in all advocacy and communication-related tasks, such as
- Strategic watch on social media and implementation of digital communication,
- Copywriting and content updates on a federal website,
- Production and co-production of news articles for a blog on advocacy actions and key events.
- Support creation and update of digital and print tools for advocacy communication, working with photography and graphic design, specifically tools to support the dissemination of publications and advocacy messages on social media.
- Support the update and development of new video presentations of the advocacy department for internal communication purpose.
- Update or consolidate databases of advocacy and communication contacts at EU level, and in strategical hubs such as New York or Geneva.
- Support the organization of internal events to inform HI movement on advocacy activities, ad hoc support for external events if needed.
- Participate in team meetings and team life events, provide general administrative support as required.
Candidate profile (skills, knowledge & interests)
- Background in communication, media (graphic design or similar also valued),
- Familiar with the concepts and use of Social Media,
- Good knowledge of Adobe suite: InDesign is necessary; Photoshop Illustrator & Premiere (or similar) highly valued,
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office package,
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Excellent writing skills,
- Dynamic, self-organized and detail-oriented,
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment,
- Interest in disability rights, humanitarian action and protection of civilians from armed violence.
Minimum 3 months – max. 6 months / full-time
Starting date: January or February 2020
Application deadline: January 2020
Send your application (CV + cover letter) to Aurélie Beaujolais - firstname.lastname@example.org