The position is a key one in Handicap International Belgium team and reports to the Belgian Communication & Fundraising manager.
We are pleased to offer a permanent contract in a very dynamic, young and enthusiastic team willing to go the extra mile! This role will be entrepreneurial as the team is on a journey of continuous improvement.
Handicap International is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
- Location: Brussels
- Type of contract: permanent
- Starting date: 02/01/2020 (ASAP)
- Deadline for applications: 15/12/2019
1. Development and implementation of a strategy to raise funds through partnerships with the private sector
- Development of a strategy aiming at developing long term partnerships with companies and foundations in Belgium;
- Implementation of an action plan and monitoring of results based on key performance indicators defined at the beginning of each year;
- Implementation of a standard process to update the director of HI Benelux and the board members on existing partnerships and to discuss new opportunities;
- Organization of meetings with CEOs and HR/CSR departments to develop customized, long term partnerships (conferences in companies, sales of solidarity products, participation to HI events, project financing, etc…), and acting as the SPOC to manage next steps;
- Coordination of the ethical screening process in collaboration with the HI institute;
- Possibility to organize field visits with partners contributing significantly to specific projects.
2. Implementation of key visibility and/or fundraising events in line with the strategy of the Belgian national association
- Organization of strategic events, defined in collaboration with the Belgian national association;
- Act as a reference person for each of the events (concept and production, internal/external communication, logistics, budget monitoring, volunteer coordination, partnerships identification, etc.);
- Organization of at least 4 conferences a year on topics related to the mandate of HI Belgium (access to rehabilitation, use of explosive weapons, innovation, migration, inclusive education, mental health, etc.)
- Management of our existing HI exhibitions (planning, storage, placement, …)
- Participation to external events organized by other actors from the NGO sector
3. Close collaboration with the other national associations within the Handicap International network, to share experiences and exchange best practices
- University degree
- Good knowledge of French, Dutch and English
- Experience in working with the private sector (companies/foundations)
- Experience in the organization of events
- Strong interest in working for a humanitarian organization
- Well-organized with excellent multi-tasking abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an international environment
- Type of contract: PERMANENT
- Remuneration Package: includes a gross monthly salary, holiday allowance, end of year bonus and fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, group insurance and hospital insurance.
On-line applications only, accompanied by a CV and covering letter (in your mother tongue), via the following link: