Support Service Coordinator- LIBYA
Support Service Coordinator- LIBYA
Pays : Tunisie
Ville : Tunis, TUNISIA
Date de prise du poste : 03/01/2017
Durée de la mission : 10 months
Date de clôture des candidatures : 02/24/2017
Référence de l'annonce : DIR-ADM-GNO-2745
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.us
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
- The Direction of Humanitarian Action
- The Direction of Development Action
CONTEXT OF THE MISSION
In April 2011 HI deployed its first teams on the ground to Libya to deliver emergency Risk Education (RE) to civilians caught in the conflict that erupted two months earlier between those loyal to the long-time rule of Colonel Gaddafi and those who opposed it. Within five months of delivering emergency RE to populations in the east to the most at risk communities, predominantly to internally displaced persons living in camps, once the security situation stabilised HI expanded to Misrata and Sirte to deliver Risk Education to affected populations. Soon after, four Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) teams were established to survey and clear explosive items conducting Battle Area Clearance (BAC) and responding to direct reports from the community for EOD Spot Tasks in both Sirte and Misrata.
Throughout the succeeding three years the programme transformed from emergency interventions into a post conflict reconstruction phase, operating an integrated Mine Action programme undertaking EOD through BAC and Spot Tasks, clearance of Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) from within a large Ammunition Storage Area (ASA) in Misrata that had been damaged by NATO bombs in 2011, Risk Awareness (RA) on ERW and Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) and Community Liaison within conflict affected communities of Tripoli, Misrata and Sirte. Between 2011-2014, over 122,000 items of ERW have been removed from over 30 million m2 of high impacted and contaminated land. Safe land is returned to those who desperately need it, to farm, for recreation and for restoration of damaged infrastructure, including homes, health centres and schools. Over 110,000 at-risk civilians have had access to life-saving Risk Awareness including Internally Displaced Persons, teachers, school children, Boy Scouts and civil society organisations members.
Owing to a progressive decrease in the security situation across the country since 2014, HI’s Libya mission is managed from Tunis and implemented through staff and partners in the west of Libya.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
Since August 2014 the international community almost in its entirety, including NGOs, UN agencies and embassies relocated to Tunisia due to the political and security situation in Libya. The main coordination for Libya programmes is still operating from Tunisia.
The post-holder directly line-manages 2 staff members, the Base Manager in Tripoli and an Admin/Log Assistant in Tunis. The main interfaces for the Administrator/Logistician will be the programme’s legal advisor, financial institutions, administration managers from other organisations and HI’s regional Maghreb programme’s Support Services department.
The programme’s legal advisor assists with HI’s registration with the Commission of Civil Society, Ministry of Interior, Ministry of Defence, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Culture, accreditation to work from the Libyan Mine Action Centre, and visas for expatriates if traveling to Libya.
MISSION MAIN OBJECTIVES
Contributing to the implementation of the programme strategy, the Support Services Coordinator is expected to consolidate, deepen and to extend support services in the Tripoli and Tunis bases. His/her responsibilities will be to ensure effective and optimised coordination between support services and the project team in Tripoli.
The main challenges of the post:
- Initially working in a remote context.
- Ensuring close coordination with HI’s regional programme.
- Funding opportunities are limited and short term which leads to constant adjustment of the budget & financial risks.
Based in Tunis, and ultimately Libya depending on the evolution of the context, and under the responsibility of the Head of Mission of the Libya programme, you will begin remotely to support the day-to-day running of finance, administration and logistics, whilst developing national staff capacity and coordinating with HI’s regional programme.
Your main responsibilities:
- Manage the programme’s financial resources
- Manage the programme’s administrative team, define the contractual framework and HR policy of the programme and ensure implementation of HR processes (pay, social and training policies)
- Guarantee compliance with the programme’s administrative and legal framework
- Oversee the programme's logistics management (general services, procurement, equipment, vehicle fleet and stocks) in compliance with internal and donor
PROFIL ATTENDU :
- University degree in relevant subject or business/management school
- At least 3 years experience in managing finance, administration, human resources and logistics of humanitarian programs
- Methodological skills related to Support Services Management
- English language (oral and written)
French and Arabic is an asset
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- Ability to work under high pressure with a great level of personal organisation.
- Ability to represent, liaise and negotiate at different levels
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Français : Courant
Anglais : Courant
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
The Support Services Coordinator will be based in Tunis, Tunisia, sharing an office with HI’s local development programme. Dependent on the evolution of the context and subject to rigorous security assessments, with other expatriate staff visits to Libya may be required for assessment and monitoring and evaluation purposes. The objective is ultimately to permanently relocate the position (as well as the whole expatriate team) to Libya by the end of the first semester 2017, pending on security context stabilization.
Context/Security: Although Tunisia has been considered as a safe country to work in over the last years, recent terrorist attacks have demonstrated the need to upgrade risk mitigation measures within the mission. Tunis remains a place where a good standard of living can be expected.
- Status: salaried contract according to experience
from 2,700 euros + 398 euros perdiem
- Couple and family posting
- Start: 2017, february
- Duration: 10 months (renewable)
- Living conditions: share accommodation with 1 other expatriate (no charges) or individual accomodation in a couple or family posting
Social opportunities as well as attractions in easy reach
- Security conditions: low to medium level of insecurity.