Support services coordinator - IRAQ
Support services coordinator - IRAQ
Pays : Irak
Ville : Erbil
Date de prise du poste : 06/03/2017
Durée de la mission : 6 months (renewable)
Date de clôture des candidatures : 03/03/2017
Référence de l'annonce : DIR-LOG-GNO-3003
CONTEXTE DE TRAVAIL :
Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity.
Handicap International is an independent and impartial aid and development organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside disabled and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
For further information about the association: http://www.handicap-international.fr/
Present in more than 55 countries, Handicap International is composed of 2 operational directions:
- The Direction of Humanitarian Action
- The Direction of Development Action”
Since the offensives of the group Islamic State (IS) in 2014, Iraq has been facing an internal armed conflict and a double humanitarian crisis, with high numbers of Iraqi internally-displaced people (IDPs) and Syrian refugees in need of humanitarian assistance. As of September 2016, there were 3,322,410 recorded IDPs and 245,000 Syrian refugees in Iraq.
The identification of the most vulnerable individuals among them, including people with disabilities, and the rapid response to their essential needs (both basic and specific) is a priority for the humanitarian community. In addition, Conventional Weapons (CW) and Improvised Explosive Devices continue to impose a devastating human toll in Iraq. In contaminated areas, local populations, IDPs and returning populations are all at risk of death and injury.
The armed conflict and the humanitarian crisis in Iraq will continue throughout 2016 and into 2017. In parallel, the economic and political crisis in Iraq is hampering the delivery of medical and socio-economic services, complicating the access and increasing the vulnerability of the general population, and in particular of persons with disabilities, all over Iraq.
In October 2016, the Iraqi and Kurdish security forces began its military operation to retake the city of Mosul, under IS control for more than 2 years. The operation is leading to a new humanitarian crisis with significant movement of populations in new displacement areas, with 17,000 new IDPs in less than 2 weeks, and 200,000 expected in November. Handicap International (HI) is responding to this emergency with additional Mine Action, Victim Assistance and Inclusion activities currently being launched.
Handicap International (HI) started its activities in Iraq in 1991.
HI’s strategy in Iraq for 2016-2017 includes 3 main components:
- Long-term development projects: support to civil society, access to services, community-based rehabilitation.
- Emergency response for Internally Displaced Persons, returnees, remainees and vulnerable Iraqi communities.
- Mine Action: risk education, victim assistance, survey and clearance of contaminated areas.
DESCRIPTION DE POSTE :
DESCRIPTION OF THE POSITION
Based in Erbil, with regular travel to Kirkuk, Diyala, Ninewa and with exceptional visits to Baghdad/Anbar; under the line management of the Head of Mission, and in close collaboration with the technical coordinator, operations coordinators, field coordinators and HQ support referents.
He is in charge of the management of the Head of Finance, Human Resources and Logistics departments and his main fields of responsibilities are:
- Support Services supervision and coordination;
- Definition and implementation of the 3-year support strategy of the mission;
- Internal and external control of the mission processes;
- Management of all legal aspects related to HI in Iraq;
- Capacity building of National Support Services heads of department;
- Regular reporting to his line-management.
MAIN TASKS OF THE EXPATRIATE
1. COORDINATION OF SUPPORT SERVICES
2. TEAM MANAGEMENT AND CAPACITY BUILDING
3. DEFINITION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SUPPORT SERVICES STRATEGY
4. SECURITY MANAGEMENT
5. INTERNAL & EXTERNAL CONTROL
6. IMPLEMENTATION OF HI INSTITUTIONAL POLICIES
7. MANAGEMENT OF LEGAL DUTIES
PROFIL ATTENDU :
- At least 5 years of professional experience in support services positions, in an INGO context, in emergency settings;
- At least 1 confirmed experiences as Support Services Coordinator or several support coordination positions;
- Proven training and capacity building experience;
- English mandatory (oral and written), Arabic and/or Kurdish an asset
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong communication and reporting skills;
- Ability to work under high pressure;
LANGUE(S) DE TRAVAIL :
Anglais : Courant
SPECIFICITES/PARTICULARITES DU POSTE :
- Start: 2017, February
- Duration: 6 months (renewable)
- Status: salaried contract according to experience (from 2700 euros gross + Perdiem 513,69€/month paid in local currency in the field + Hardship allowance 250€)
- Living conditions: GH shared with other expatriates (no charges) ; individual accomodation paid py HI if in a couple posting
- Regular paid leaves + R&R: level 2 (5 days every 3 months)
- Security conditions: medium level of insecurity