Location: BELGIUM (Brussels)
Type of contract: 12 months Fixed term contract than potentially Permanent contract
Starting date: ASAP
Deadline for applications: 04/10/2020
In order to implement its development and humanitarian activities in its countries of interventions, HI mobilizes funding from a large range of institutional partners.
As Institutional Partnerships Officer, you are in charge of donor relationship, compliance framework and support to contract implementation of your portfolio of donors : Belgium institutional donors (Development cooperation DGD, Belgian Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, ENABEL, Brussels Region,…). This portfolio may evolve.
As Institutional Partnerships Officer:
- You manage relations with the donors of your portfolio in order to develop businesses. For this, you:
- Build and disseminate knowledge on donors, and therefore you anticipate & understand donors’ expectations & strategies & shares your analyses.
- Negotiate with institutional partners & defend HI interests.
- Support business development.
- Contribute to successful preparation of reports through advice and clarification of the rules, according to the agreed standard.
- Manage information on donors.
- For compliance framework: you define, disseminate & control the application of standards as per donors’ requirements. For this, you :
- Develop sound knowledge of / expertise on donors rules & regulations
- Apply problem-solving if standard not applied (adapting standard, training, …)
- Support the contract implementation
- You also support operations staffs in their funding strategy & in the implementation of their contracts. For this, you:
- Support project staffs in interpreting & applying donors’ regulations, and for this you provide advises & organize training.
- Support project staffs liaising with the donors or act as in-between when required.
- 4-5 years of higher education in a field relevant to the job, or equivalent experience
- Good spoken and written English + French + Excellent command in Dutch
- You demonstrate at least two years’ experience of managing funding and/or development/emergency aid projects abroad or at NGO headquarters. You have an experience in European funding management and knowledge of rules of Belgian donors is a +.
- you have the capacity and appetite for networking (experience working with an NGO coordination platform is an asset)
- You have excellent writing and synthesis skills
- You enjoy working in international/multicultural teams
- You have strong Pedagogy, adaptability, and flexibility skills
- Type of contract: 12 months Fixed term contract than potentially Permanent contract
- Remuneration Package: includes a gross monthly salary, holiday allowance, end of year bonus and fringe benefits such as meal vouchers, group insurance and hospital insurance.
On-line applications only, accompanied by a CV and covering letter, via the following link: