- Duration: Minimum 3 months – max. 6 months (full-time).
- Status: Convention Immersion Professionnelle - CIP (the trainee will receive a compensation of approx. 800 euros per month). Check eligibility conditions here: https://www.actiris.brussels/fr/citoyens/convention-d-immersion-professionnelle/
- Location: HI office in Brussels.
- Start date: as soon as possible after validation by Bruxelles Formation.
Send your application (CV + cover letter) to Aurélie Beaujolais - email@example.com by 29th October 2021.
Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International-HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
HI is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details about the association, visit the website: www.hi.org/
You will join the Federal Advocacy and Institutional Relations Unit (AIR) at Humanity & Inclusion office in Brussels. This unit coordinates, organizes, manages and implements the activities related to advocacy for HI network.
You will work under the under the supervision of the Advocacy Information & Publication Manager, and in close collaboration with the other members of the Advocacy team members, specifically the disarmament and protection of civilian’s team. Throughout the traineeship, you will be given opportunity to experiment varied tasks, and be given regular feedback on your performance to help you grow.
- You will be able to strengthen your understanding of international cooperation for development and humanitarian action, specifically disarmament and protection of civilian, and players in your work area
- You will be able to improve your knowledge and skills on communication as well as your organizational skills.
- You will be able to gain an understanding of the ways of working of a busy NGO, in an international, multicultural environment.
Responsibilities and Objectives
General objective: Support the implementation of the communication objectives related to disarmament advocacy.
- Assist in all advocacy and communication-related tasks, such as:
- Strategic watch on social media and implementation of digital communication,
- Copywriting and content updates on websites and internal communication tools.
- Support the development and dissemination of diverse communication tools (videos, visuals, publications), in collaboration with other members of the AIR team and an external provider, for internal and external communication purpose.
- Support the organization of advocacy events related to disarmament and protection of civilians, namely a photo exhibition.
- Update and consolidate mapping of advocacy and communication events for the year, and calendar of social media content, on topics relevant to HI.
- Participate in team meetings and team life events, provide general administrative support as required.
- Master in the field of communication, and/or international cooperation,
- Proficient user of Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn),
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign is necessary; Photoshop Illustrator, LightRoom & Premiere highly valued,
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office package,
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Excellent writing skills,
- Dynamic, self-organized and detail-oriented,
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment,
- Interest in humanitarian action, protection of civilians from armed violence and disability rights.