Duration: 3 to 6 months (full-time).
Status: Beroepsinlevingsstage (the trainee will receive a compensation of approx. 800 euros per month).
Send your application (CV + cover letter) to Aurélie Beaujolais - [email protected] by 6th March 2023.
Humanity & Inclusion (Handicap International-HI) is an independent and impartial international aid organization working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. Working alongside persons with disabilities and other vulnerable groups, our action and testimony are focused on responding to their essential needs, improving their living conditions and promoting respect for their dignity and their fundamental rights.
HI is a not-for-profit organization with no religious or political affiliation. It operates as a federation made up of a network of associations that provide it with human and financial resources, manage its projects and implement its actions and social mission.
For more details about the association, visit the website: www.hi.org/
You will join the Federal Advocacy and Institutional Relations Unit (AIR) at Humanity & Inclusion office in Brussels. This unit coordinates, organizes, manages and implements the activities related to advocacy for HI network.
You will work under the under the supervision of the Advocacy Information & Publication Manager, and in close collaboration with the other members of the Advocacy team members. Throughout the traineeship, you will be given opportunity to experiment varied tasks, and be given regular feedback on your performance to help you grow.
Main learning objectives
- You will be able to strengthen your understanding of international cooperation for development and humanitarian action, disarmament and protection of civilian, and players in your work area.
- You will be able to improve your knowledge and skills on communication as well as your organizational skills.
- You will be able to gain an understanding of the ways of working of a busy NGO, in an
international, multicultural environment.
Objectives, responsibilities and profile
General objective: Support the implementation of the communication objectives related to federal advocacy.
1. Assist in all advocacy and communication-related tasks, such as:
- Strategic watch on social media and implementation of digital communication,
- Copywriting and content updates on websites and internal communication tools,
2. Develop a mapping of key Twitter account for advocacy, on topics relevant to the advocacy team.
3. Support the creation of ad hoc social media strategies for advocacy events.
4. Support the creation and dissemination of diverse communication tools (videos and visuals), in collaboration with other members of the AIR team and external providers, for internal and external communication purpose.
5. Participate in team meetings and team life events; provide general administrative support as required.
Candidate profile (skills, knowledge & interests)
- Master in the field of communication, journalism and/or international cooperation,
- Proficient user of Social Media (Twitter, LinkedIn),
- Good knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign compulsory; Photoshop Illustrator, Light Room & Premiere highly valued,
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office package,
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Excellent writing skills,
- Dynamic, self-organized and detail-oriented,
- Comfortable working in a multicultural environment,
- Interest in development cooperation, humanitarian action, protection of civilians from armed violence and disability rights.